Ten Benefits of CBD Oil
Surely you’ve heard the news of this curious CBD oil mentioned recently. Whether advertised, criticized or exalted by a relieved user looking to help heal you, CBD oil and its many benefits have certainly become a popular topic in social and mainstream media. As someone who has worked in the medical industry for over 25 years, CBD oil has been on my radar- with both a personal and a professional interest. Constant topic of waiting room chatter among patients, never before have so many boasted their personal health accomplishments from CBD oil use, and their gratitude at finding a safer option to addictive and expensive big pharma.
What is CBD Oil and how does it work?
First of all, CBD oil is derived from industrial hemp and is not marijuana. It will not give you a ‘high’ because it does not contain THC, and is therefore, NOT psychoactive. CBD oil is made by mixing the extracted CBD or cannabidiol from the cannabis plant and pressing it in a clarified coconut or hemp seed oil base. CBD oil possesses cannabidiol That binds with and “hugs” many lonely receptors throughout the human body. These hugs thereby help to relieve pain and inflammation, treat anxiety and depression, and possibly even fight off some cancers. CBD oil is clearly a superhero solution to many of our biggest health issues.
The Top Ten CBD Oil Benefits
1. CBD Oil for Pain – A study conducted by Ethan B Russo, at GW Pharmaceuticals, proved that CBD oil interacts with the cells in the human body that send and receive chemical signals to your brain. For example, damaged nerve cells are sending out stress signals that the brain receives and interprets as pain. CBD oil is able to interact with and satisfy these signals before they reach the brain and has been especially helpful for people with chronic pain.
2. CBD Oil for Anxiety – It has been long-known that CBD helps in reducing stress by inducing a sense of emotional calmness. We now understand that CBD oil slows the overactive nerve synapses in the anxiety-prone brain and that allows our feel-good chemical serotonin to be more slowly released. Thereby improving mental health with our own natural means.
3. CBD Oil for Cancer –Although there is great deal of research still ongoing, tests have shown that the active ingredients in CBD oil can have definitive effects on cancer cell production and formation. This can cause a reduction in actual tumor size and even help stop the spread of cancer cells to other organ systems.
4. CBD Oil for Skin Care/Anti-aging/Acne control – The powerful components of CBD oil can stimulate the shedding of dead skin and faster re-growth of healthy, glowing skin. Cannabis sativa seed oil is also known for preventing wrinkles, signs of aging, and protecting against eczema and psoriasis.
5. Regulates Brain Electricity – CBD oil has shown to have positive effects on people suffering from epilepsy and multiple sclerosis. We now know that these sufferers were born with inherently more CBD receptors inside the brain and along spinal column. Hugs from CBD oil may quell the nervous cries for help that cause epileptic seizure and multiple sclerosis lesion to form.
6. Promotes Heart Health – Research suggests that due to the presence of antioxidants in CBD oil, it’s use can actually clean up your cardiovascular system by scraping off the bad fats from excess cholesterol build up and maximizing blood flow. CBD oil also lowers high blood pressure and therefore reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack.
7. CBD Oil for Migraines – CBD oil has been reputed as one of the safest migraine headache cures. CBD oil can slow nervous impulses and cause the blood vessels around the ears and temples to open up improving blood flow to the brain and dissolving headache pains.
8. Reduces Glaucoma – CBD oil use has been linked to a reduction in actual glaucoma size and it slows macular degeneration, according to a report published by Dr. John Merritt, Department of Ophthalmology School of Medicine, University of North Carolina.
9. CBD Oil for Sleep/nightmares – For people who suffer with thought-racing anxiety during the night or may simply struggle to get a sound night sleep, CBD oil may work like a charm to reduce your heart rate and allow those ever-flowing thoughts to clear your conscious mind, providing a long night of peaceful slumber.
10. Boosts Appetite /Reduces Nausea/Improves Gut Motility – CBD oil can help regulate your appetite, reduce nausea/vomiting and induce hunger. It stimulates your digestive juices to be released at more regular intervals, improving bowel motility and relieving constipation. This can help people who need to gain weight, particularly after an extended illness or injury and during recovery from acute cancer treatment with chemotherapy or radiation.
In conclusion, CBD oil really does have a wide range of health benefits and has been linked with soothing a diverse number of diseases and symptoms. There are a many ways to use safely CBD oil, depending on what you want relief from.
While CBD oil is a certainly a safer alternative to prescription drugs, with fewer side effects and lower addictive traits, please always consult a trusted healthcare professional before adding any new elements to your health care regimen.
Cannabis & Bipolar DisorderWith pharmacological benefits to anxiety, schizophrenia, addiction, and depression, many individuals with Bipolar Disorder (BD) or Bipolar Affective Disorder (BPAD) are wondering, can cannabis help? Current antipsychotic medications and...
Cannabis & The Silent KillerCannabis and the HeartCannabis is universally known as the chill out plant, at least in its recreational use, but what about medicinally? Can cannabis help the heart chill out under stress? Can cannabis help lower blood pressure?...
Cannabis and Multiple SclerosisMultiple SclerosisThe results are coming in and it’s a mixed bag: cannabis provides improvement in some areas of Multiple-Sclerosis, and no improvement, and maybe even a declination, in others. These results are not unusual. Consider how...